Terms and conditions
1. The story you post is your content and you own it.
2. When posting your story, you permit 'How Revealing' ('The website', 'we', 'our' or 'us') to use the content in its full, part or modified state in any works, articles, publications, social media or in any other form.
3. All materials, including illustrations, photographs, products, images, artwork, designs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips and software (collectively, "Content") appearing on the website are owned or controlled by us are protected by worldwide design, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content, and the website as a whole, are intended solely for personal use by the users of the website. You may not copy Content, or otherwise modify, obscure or delete any copyright or other propriety notices on the website. No right, title or interest in any materials or software, if applicable, is transferred to you from your use of the website. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Content, this website, or any related software without the prior written authorization from us.
4. We are not responsible and will not be liable for any legal claim arising out of anything that you post on the website and/or anything arising out of the information we have made available on the 'Support' page.
5. Please do not post any personal information or other identifying information of harassers or abusers when submitting your story. This includes email id's, addresses and other contact information of the harasser or abuser. If your story contains this information, the story will be edited at the time of review to remove these details. We may review, edit, reject, refuse to post, or delete any post that violates these terms or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of another person.
6. This website and the Content herein is provided by us in good faith on an "as is", "as available" basis and we do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of this website. Further, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website, the information, the Content, materials or products included herein or hereon. To the extent as provided by the applicable law, we disclaim all responsibility (whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) with respect to the accuracy or otherwise of the information, Content, materials or products arising from the use of this website.
7. The information presented on this website has been compiled by us from various sources including from external sources. No representation is made or warranty given as to the completeness or accuracy of such information. This website may contain typographical errors, incomplete or out of date information. We reserve the right to make changes to the Content and information on this website, or to the services described therein, or update such information at any time without notice, but we make no commitment to correct or update this information.
8. We may immediately, without notice, deny you access to this website if, in our opinion, you fail to comply with any or all of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
9. You represent, warrant and covenant (a) that no materials of any kind submitted by you will (i) violate, plagiarise, or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights; or (ii) contain libelous or otherwise unlawful material and (b) You hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless us (the "Indemnified Party") from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred by the Indemnified Party in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these terms or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants.
This website, including the Content and information contained herein, shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India and the courts of Bangalore, India shall retain exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same.
These conditions are not meant to discourage you from posting fearlessly and openly but only to emphasize that we are not a forum to judge the guilt of the abuser or harasser,and we cannot assist you in filing a complaint or take legal action against the perpetrator. We are building a 'Support' page with links to organisations that can provide assistance, whether legal, emotional, medical physical or otherwise. We want to reiterate that we are merely a repository of experiences, aiming to fill the information vacuum and give credence and validity to the multitude of emotions that accompany issues of sexual assault and sexual violence.